Follow Us on Twitter

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Newly crowned Miss Hong Kong, Juliette Louie is attacked by the netizens


Juliette Louie (雷莊𠒇) emerges as the champion for Miss Hong Kong Beauty Pageant 2017, while Regina Ho (何依婷) and Emily Wong (黃瑋琦) are the first runner-up and second runner-up respectively. Boanne Cheung (張寶欣) is awarded the title, (bbc最受歡迎香港小姐) .

As the winner, Juliette is criticised for being not beautiful and poor in Cantonese by the netizens, she says: "I am aware of it but it is others' opinions. The world is big and it is hard to please everybody. (Some point that you have protruding tooth and resemble the basketball star, Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz?) It is funny. (Unhappy?) Nope. I am chosen by the professional judges and always have confidence in myself. I am not bothered by these comments and find it funny. (Thinking of wearing braces?) It does not cross my mind and I am happy with my smiles. I am ambitious and wish to venture into Hollywood. I know I am not the most beautiful but do not want to undergo any changes. (Netizens suspect foul play?) It is normal for the judges to choose this time and they are professional. They are in the showbiz for many years and can see who has the most potential. I believe it is a right method."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/
Please credit our website if you wish to repost the news. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Asian E-News Portal - http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com
Best Viewed in IE11, Mozilla Firefox 50 & Google Chrome 55

© Some Copyright Reserved 2014-2018.
Disclaimer: This website is not affiliated to TVB, ViuTV or HKTV.