Follow Us on Twitter

Monday, January 11, 2016

Elaine Yiu share her thoughts about her career and marriage plans


Elaine Yiu (姚子羚) has been in the entertainment industry for 13 years and for most of the time she has missed out on receiving an award for her acting. Not until recently she is blessed with double happiness. At the recent TVB Anniversary Awards (萬千星輝頒獎典禮), she was awarded for Best Actress in a Supporting Role and she also received an award for My Favourite TVB Actress in a Supporting Role at the TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2015 (TVB馬來西亞星光薈萃頒獎典禮2015). Although she is having a stable career, but what about marriage? There were past rumors of her 'forcing' her boyfriend to get married, she said: "Marriage to a woman is important, but a career can determine a woman's real value!"

Finding a perfect partner

35-year-old Elaine Yiu has entered the stage of being a mature woman. On many occasions, she is reported to be dating Cheng Zi Bong (鄭子邦), a car store owner nicknamed 'James Bond'. There were even rumors of Elaine forcing a marriage and when people have been saying she is desperate to get married, but Elaine has a different thought on marriage: "In fact, it has already passed. (Want to get married?) Back then I would. (Would you have thought about it in the past?) A long time ago I would, but slowly I forgot about it because I want to do well with my work. In fact, I think everything is a package. When your life runs smoothly, everything will work out well! Having a career is all about yourself and I believe one day I would find my other half. I don't want a partner who would think of only dating everyday, he must have his own lifestyle, have a goal and his own ideas. I think this is what attracts women.

Marriage: Leave it to fate

Although Elaine has reached a marriageable age, but she would definitely not set a timer for marriage: "I would not waste any time thinking about marriage or even find a perfect partner, but rather find a partner who I could marry to and spend the rest of my life with. It is two different things and I think love is very intriguing. Having a career is something you can hold onto, but love is not a feeling where you can grasp onto. It's not a planning how you want to turn out to be, you might want to be married at the age of 30 or even 40. It is totally different! Would you want to just find someone to be with? I would definitely not and let this get in my way". (Do you want to have children?) I do want to have children, because I love them. I will just leave it to fate! Pal Gor  (單立文) and Paisely Wu (胡蓓蔚) don't have children and they are still very sweet and happy. So I can still be happy whether I have or don't have children.

Need to get along well when being together

Since you want to find a perfect marriage partner, then is your current boyfriend the right candidate? She sweetly smiled and said: "He.....is the right person, if he is not then we wouldn't still be together! Being together is about getting along and also taking the time to learn more about each other. We need a lot of love and support from everyone. I am currently very happy! The things I want to pursue now is totally different to the past. The things you want are not the same as when you were a child, but rather you want something you have placed your heart and soul into and something stable.

Besides Paisley Wu who is married, Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) is also married and is now officially a wife in the Hu Shuo Ba Dao Hui (胡說八道會). Who will be the next wife? Elaine smiled and said that Mandy Wong (黃智雯) might be next: "It is hard to guess! In fact, anyone want to start a vote? Haha! Earlier, On.cc (東網) even held their own voting for who would be crowned TV King and Queen, why not do a vote on this too! (You choose one first!) Anyone would have the chance! I guess it would be Mandy first! I don't know why, but she has the daughter-in-law feel! (Nancy Wu 胡定欣?) Nancy also has a bigger chance, but Nancy is very ambitious. I think she wants to too, she didn't say she doesn't want to. I think it would have to be Mandy Wong! She is always acting sweet and loving, so it must be her, not too sure either!

Finding the goal and moving forward

In 2002, Elaine won championship at TVB8 Presentator Contest (TVB8全能主持比賽) and in the following year her first drama was Hearts of Fencing (當四葉草碰上劍尖時). From the drama she gained a lot of viewers attention and in a blink of an eye she has been in the entertainment industry for 13 years. In the later years, she wasn't able to receive any awards for her acting. Not until last year, she received her very first award for My Favourite TVB Actress on a Supporting Role at the TVB Star Awards Malaysia. She was asked if this was too late, she admitted Never Too Late: "I have always taken this path, although some people may ask 'if it would be too late'. I believe it will never be too late, because I am always following the path to my goal. In fact, the most happiest is when I see viewers leaving comments, telling me 'Elaine, I see you have improved a lot'. Some even said: 'Elaine, I didn't like you before, but now I am liking you more and more'. These type of words are very touching because, as long you work hard, others will know and they can feel it!"

In relation to her first award in Malaysia, she also received an award last year at TVB's Anniversary Awards Ceremony for Best Supporting Actress. She felt double happiness and is very grateful, but at this moment she has not forgotten her good sister Nancy Wu: "The most happiest moment was seeing Nancy Wu receive TV Queen because, this is the years of growth and experience we have been through. I have seen her take every step to reach the TV Queen award. I am very happy for her!" As to the many decrease of great fadans and many artistes leaving TVB to work somewhere else, Elaine shared her opinions: "Everyone has their own road ahead, there are different opportunities at different times. I would think now is a good time to attain a higher goal!"

Growing and becoming mature through criticisms

Along the way, regardless of entertainment or love life, Elaine has faced a lot of criticisms such as being called a 'gold digger', 'fake', 'forced marriage' etc. For vicious criticisms, she just has to take it all in and the growing criticisms can help her grow and become more mature. Elaine said: "Of course there was a bit of unhappiness when I first joined the entertainment industry. It is not considered a success if you slowly grow because success is endless. I would rather say it as a growth and if you want to become even better, you have to accept criticisms. When people ask you for the reasons, you must learn to put it aside. I feel that no matter if it's good acting, doing good things, it's all an experience. You will become better through time, so I slowly learn to make it into a strength!"

Entertainment has dominated the current internet era and news can be written in a ridiculed way especially for girls it can be embarrassing at times. Elaine said: "Just have a bit of fun! The entertainment circle needs to entertain people! I wouldn't take it to the heart. You can't control what others say and do, I think on the positive side! Writing such news means people do take notice of this person, Elaine Yiu!

Mature and intellectual Elaine Yiu

Elaine who films in front of the cameras are mostly loved by the viewers and gives off an introvert feeling. When speaking about her work and lifestyle, she was very relaxed while talking: "A woman should have their own lifestyle, path and ideas. A woman in this era should be independent". In the past 13 years, her career has not yet reached a brilliant achievement, but a mature intellectual Elaine Yiu has been created.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: lucychoi559 @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/
Please credit our website if you wish to repost the news. Thank you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment



Asian E-News Portal - http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com
Best Viewed in IE11, Mozilla Firefox 50 & Google Chrome 55

© Some Copyright Reserved 2014-2018.
Disclaimer: This website is not affiliated to TVB, ViuTV or HKTV.